Schedule of Events (subject to change)
Thursday, April 12
|8:00 am – 5:00 pm||Limited enrollment workshop on implementation and enforcement of autism insurance laws, sponsored by Autism Speaks|
|5:00 – 7:00 pm||Convention registration|
|4:00 – 11:00 pm||Exhibit setup|
Friday, April 13
|8:30 am||Welcome and introduction|
|10:00 am||Concurrent sessions
(workshops, tutorials, panel discussions, meetings)
|12:00 noon||Lunch (on your own)|
|1:30 pm||Concurrent sessions|
Saturday, April 14
|9:00 am||Special event: Jerry Shook|
|10:00 am||Concurrent sessions|
|12:00 noon||Luncheon and roundtable discussions|
|1:30 pm||Concurrent sessions|
The 2nd annual APBA convention will provide unique professional development and networking opportunities for practitioners of applied behavior analysis, as well as valuable information for consumers and others interested in the practice of ABA. Some highlights:
- Oral presentations (all by carefully selected speakers) will address Foundations & Principles, Behavior Change Tactics & Techniques, Ethics & Professional Behavior, Advocacy & Public Policy, and Business & Marketing Tactics.
- Keynote speakers will discuss critical topics and issues in the practice of ABA. Many tutorials and workshops will cover the best available scientific evidence on behavior change procedures, translated into recommendations for practice. Others will bring participants up to speed on recent developments in the field, recommend strategies for working with interventionists, health insurance companies, and schools, or provide tips on topics like keeping up with the latest research, getting research grants, and running a business. Panel discussions will engage panelists and audience members in conversations about burning professional and practical issues. Symposia will each feature presentations of several recent studies on similar topics. A poster session has been added this year to allow presenters to share research that is relevant to the practice of ABA. Working meetings will enable agency directors, trainers, and leaders of behavior analysis organizations to share information with each other and with APBA about matters that concern them. In roundtable discussions during lunch on Saturday, participants will have opportunities to consult informally with knowledgeable colleagues on a variety of topics.
- A special all-day, limited enrollment pre-convention workshop on April 12, sponsored by Autism Speaks, will focus on implementation and enforcement of laws requiring health plans to cover ABA treatment for autism spectrum disorders.
- The Friday evening poster session and reception and the Saturday luncheon will provide ample opportunities to socialize with old friends and make new contacts.
- APBA members will receive great discounts on convention registration, workshop, and CEU fees. Not yet a member? Click here to join so you’re sure to get member rates at the convention and the other great benefits of membership. Not sure of your membership status? Clicking here will let you check and join or renew if your membership isn’t current.