The annual Association of Professional Behavior Analysts convention is the premier conference on the science-based practice of applied behavior analysis (ABA). As in previous years, the program for the 2018 convention comprises presentations by carefully selected invited speakers combined with peer-reviewed research symposia, panel discussions, panel presentations, posters, and student papers. The convention will also provide multiple opportunities for social and professional networking in one convenient, congenial setting.
- What: 2018 APBA Convention
- When: April 19-21, 2018
- Where: St. Louis, MO - Hyatt Regency at The Arch
- Program: Click Program on this page to access the complete convention agenda.
- Registration: Click Register above for the registration form.
Important Information for Convention Attendees
If you are giving an oral presentation at the convention, be sure to bring your own laptop and an HDMI connector if needed. Projectors, screens, and speakers will be provided in session rooms, but no laptops. Also be sure to prepare your slides in a 16:9 format.
BACB Type 2 CEUs will be available for most oral presentations. To earn CEUs,
- Pay the CEU fee with registration.
- Prior to the convention, install the free CEUHelper app on your smartphone or tablet (https://ceuhelper.com) and set up an account if you don't already have one.
- Launch CEUHelper, and look for 2018 APBA Convention under "Current Conferences." While online, "check in" to the convention on the app (Note: that only enables you to use the app during the convention; it does not constitute registration for the convention).
- Use your mobile device to scan codes provided at each CE event when you enter and leave. You need not be online for that. Alternatively, you may have a code added to your name badge holder that room monitors will scan. You must be present for the entire duration of an event in order to earn CEUs.
- In CEUHelper you can also bookmark sessions you want to attend.
- When you are ready to leave the convention, follow the instructions in your CEUHelper account for "checking out" of the convention and submitting your CEUs. Once they have been processed following the convention, you will receive an email with instructions for accessing your CE certificate via your CEUHelper account.
To add items to your convention registration (CEUs, Behavior Analyst Bingo Fundraiser, Saturday Luncheon and Roundtable Discussions, workshops),
- If you registered after February 13, locate the email from APBA with the subject "Thank you for registering for the event." It includes a link for viewing or updating your registration.
- If you registered prior to February 13, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a link emailed to you (on site at the convention, ask registration staff to do this).
- Please note: The link is to your personal convention registration, not a public site.
- The link will take you to the registration form, which should show items for which you have already registered. On the Attendee Selections page, select any items you want to add that are not marked "Full" or "Sold Out," then click Save & Finalize Registration. If you are taken back to the first page it means that you missed one or more required fields, so look for an error message in red, fix the errors, and click Save & Finalize Registration again. That will take you to the payment page where the total should reflect just the fees for the added items. Please note that if you happen to delete any items for which you were registered previously, the system will not calculate any fee differences or process any refunds. You will need to pay for added items, and refunds will be processed after the convention. Please pay for additions by credit card rather than PayPal. A just-discovered glitch in the underlying software is preventing additions to registrations paid via the latter from being recorded in the registration records.
APBA expects all convention attendees to adhere to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts throughout the convention, so please review that Code here. Please also read APBA's statement on harassment, discrimination, and diversity.
See you in St. Louis!