APBA member benefits include:
- The opportunity to purchase professional liability insurance at group rates (for most U.S. members)
- The opportunity to purchase a subscription to Current Contents in ABA (a monthly online compilation of on newly published research relevant to the practice of ABA) at a 25% discount
- The opportunity to purchase online subscriptions to Child & Family Behavior Therapy, Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, and Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities at the special rate of $20/year/journal
- A 25% discount on books purchased through the Springer Publishing Company website
- Discounts on purchases of job ads and other products from the APBA Career Center
- Access to valuable resources on the APBA website (archived material, including back issues of the Reporter; information on insurance coverage of ABA services; materials on professional credentialing of ABA practitioners; results of APBA surveys; bibliographies of applied research; and more)
- Access to expert advice on many aspects of practice
- Reduced registration, workshop, and CEU fees at the annual APBA convention
- Reduced registration fees for APBA webinars
Please consider supporting APBA's vital work on behalf of ABA practitioners and consumers by adding $100 to regular membership dues to become a Sustaining Member.
Membership is for 12 months from the date dues payment is received. U.S. members who wish to deduct the dues payment from their individual income taxes as a business expense may deduct only 90% of the total paid, because 10% of dues revenues help support APBA’s public policy activities.
It is expected that all members will act in accordance with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc. (BACB) Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts.
The APBA has memberships for individuals (sorry, no organization memberships) in the following categories and subcategories:
Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) Certificant Member
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst®® (BCBA) or Board Certified Behavior Analyst – Doctoral ™™(BCBA-D)
- These members currently hold one of these credentials issued by the BACB.
- Dues: $75 for 1 year, $200 for 3 years
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® (BCaBA®)
- These members currently hold a BCaBA credential issued by the BACB.
- Dues: $51 for 1 year, $140 for 3 years
Join Now as a BACB CERTIFICANT Member
REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN™ MEMBER
- These members currently hold the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential issued by the BACB.
- $21 for 1 year (sorry, no 3-year option)
Join Now as a REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN™ Member
OTHER PROFESSIONAL MEMBER (not currently credentialed by the BACB)
- Advanced Professional Member
- These members hold a Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Psychology, Juris Doctor, Doctor of Judicial Science, or Doctor of Medicine degree
- Dues: $70 for 1 year, $190 for 3 years
- Master’s Professional Member
- These members hold a master’s degree in any field.
- Dues: $65 for 1 year, $175 for 3 years
- Bachelor’s Professional Member
- These members hold a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Dues: $50 for 1 year, $130 for 3 years
Join Now as a PROFESSIONAL Member
- These members are recipients of applied behavior analysis services or family members of recipients and are not certified by the BACB.
- Dues: $39 for 1 year, $105 for 3 years
Join Now as a CONSUMER Member
- These members must be currently enrolled full-time in a university degree program that offers a BACB- verified course sequence, a degree in applied behavior analysis, or a
specialization in applied behavior analysis OR in a BACB-verified course sequence.
- Dues: $33 for 1 year (sorry, no 3-year option)
Join Now as a STUDENT Member